Re: Debian on Compaq Deskpro 6000

"Jaldhar H. Vyas" <jaldhar@braincells.com> writes:

> Alternative question:  Is there a way to get the kernel to not probe for
> an etherned card?  That's where I suspect it is bombing.

If you suspect a section of memory, you can pass a `reserve=' switch
on the kernel command line.  I think this would be something like

    reserve=0x220,0x23f

--
		   Carey Evans  <*>  c.evans@clear.net.nz

"these are not inherent flaws in the operating system -- they don't happen by
 accident.  They are the result of deliberate and well-thought-out efforts."