Net Configuration

     Many thanks to all the people who responded to my query last
Sunday and told me that network configuration data is stored in
/etc/init.d/network.

     Is the network configuration script from the installation disks
available in the installed system?  If so, what is the file name?

     Several weeks ago, a message on this list (from Dale Scheetz,
dwarf@polaris.net, I believe) advised that a user with a dial-up ppp
connection should answer "no" to the configuration script's question
"Are you connected to a network".  In that case, would it be necessary
to manually create the files /etc/hosts, /etc/resolv.conf, /etc/hostname?

Bob