Re: help with exmh

On Thu, 3 Jul 1997, Mark Longair wrote:

> On Wed, 2 Jul 1997, Peter S Galbraith wrote:
>
> > Clint Adams wrote:
> >
> > In psckf's man page:
> >
> > BUGS
> >        Packf  doesn't  handle  the  old  UUCP-style "mbox" format
> >        (used by SendMail).  To pack messages  into  this  format,
> >        use  the  script /usr/lib/mh/packmbox.
> >
> > This might apply here, but since I've never done it I'm not sure.
>
> Pine was able to understand both of these formats, though I think packmbox
> produced the format I had originally.  Many thanks for the help...

Yes, packmbox produces the standard Unix mail format, and is the proper
way to undo the conversion to MH.  Packf is an alternate mh format.

************** MICHAEL SCOTT ORR <mso@jimpick.com> *****************
*    *  1405 NE 56th Street, Seattle, WA 98105 USA     *   English *
*    *  Tel: +1 (206) 522-9627, fax: 328-6209          *    Russki *
*    *  Work: mso@u.washington.edu                     * Esperanto *