Re: nobody is running find at too high a priority

On 8 Jul 1997, Eloy A. Paris wrote:

> jghasler@win.bright.net wrote:
>
> : I guess the Debian developers are all nightowls.  7AM is *not* early enough
> : to be scheduling this sort of thing.
>
> I agree, it's not early enough. At 7 PM we have users already using the
                                       ^^ AM?
> system. Developers will say this can be changed with "vi /etc/crontab"
> but my point is that the default should be more reasonable.

There is no happy medium.  IMO, 7 is too early.  I was around 4 am, but
the users who lonly turned their computers on during the day never got
their logs rotated and wondered why their /var/log got so large.
Changing the crontab is easy as you have said, so making sure it is run
seems more important to me.

HTH,
Brandon