Re: Certification

Uhhmmm... I personally do not like the idea. When talking about
certifications we are always talking about big bucks. I guess
certifications would take away the spirit of free software on which
Linux and Debian are based on...

Any way, my mind is open and my thoughts regarding this topic could
change...

E.-

Aldrin L. M. Leal (aldrin@server.amazonline.com.br) wrote:

:     I was looking around, haven't found, but i think it's a good
: idea to promote some effort to create a Linux sort of certified
: professional. Like, "Certified Linux Admin", "Programmer", "User",
: "Manager", and so forth... the first great advantage occurs when big
: business (the usual IBM client) wants to go down to linux. By having a
: certification, you provide rules for choosing an expert, like Novell and
: Microsoft do.
:
:     Does anybody want to discuss this? :]

--

Eloy A. Paris
Information Technology Department