Building Debian's source for Sendmail

Hi,

I am trying to build the Debian source for the sendmail package
but when applying the Debian specific patches to the original
distribution I get errors. I looks like the .diff file was generated
against another version of the original distribution.

I am doing this:

cd /usr/src
tar xzf sendmail_8.8.5-1.tar.gz
patch -p0 < sendmail_8.8.5-1.diff

but patch reaches a point where it can not determine the name of the
file to patch, so it asks for it.

Anyone out there has been able to build the complete source from these
two files? There is no .dsc file so I guess I can not use dpkg-source
to build it.

Should this be reported as a bug in the bug tracking system or it is
me doing something wrong?

I need to hack rmail so this is why I want to rebuild my own version
of sendmail.

Thanks,

E.-

--