Re: PnP ( ie: Modem )

On Sun, 6 Jul 1997, Keith Knipschild wrote:

> I installed and setup Debian Linux, But I would like to setup my PnP
> Modem..

I helped a friend of my with this a couple of weeks ago... I hope I can
remember.

Install isapnptools (it's in admin). Run pnpdump and redirect it's output
to /etc/isapnp.conf (I think that's the name, read
/usr/doc/isapnptools/*). Now come's the "tricky" part: open that file,
select ONE configuration for your modem, and run /etc/init.d/isapnp.
Selecting one configuration means de-commenting one of the possible
configurations that set IRQ, DMA, and stuff like that. Place special
attention to properly balanced ('s and )'s (I missed this one the first
time, and the thing wouldn't work). Now use minicom to test your modem.

IHTH,

			Marcelo Magallon