Can't open ./install.sh from rescue disk

Hi --

I'm trying to install Debian 1.3 from a set of 1.44 floppies; which
contain a kernel compiled just for my setup by kind Susan Kleinmann (
and based on 2.0.30 kernel).
(Stock rescue floppy gets stuck on my aic7xxx driver...)
Installation goes smoothly through setting up a color display, keyboard
config (US-english), initializing and checking for bad blocks on
/dev/sdb5 (swap), /dev/sdb6 (/), /dev/sda6 (/usr), /dev/sda7 (/var) and
/dev/sdb7 (/usr) partitions and mounting filesystems. Next option is
"Install operating system kernel and modules". I hit Enter nad then
answer "Install from rescue floppy"-or something to that effect- (which
is in /dev/fd0 initially- and that initial message screen which comes up
after booting recognizes it as /dev/fd0 1.44 Mb...) and use "/dev/fd0".
Instead of transferring kernel over to hard disk installation comes back
with the message:
"Installing from the rescue floppy...
./install.sh: Can't open ./install.sh
The attempt to extract the rescue floppy failed...
Press ENTER when you are ready."
When I hit enter, it takes me back to the option "Install operating
system kernel..." (after it goes and inspects my system). I have tried
three different floppies, two downloads of the resc1440.bin file
(written to the floppy using rawrite2 on WinNT4.0 machine).
I have also tried to look (after trying to install it) at the contents
of the rescue floppy using WinNT explorer and found the file Install.sh.
I don't know why is it capitalized, and that might be the cause of the
problem (if it is I don't know how to fix it). Also I have been running
the Debian 1.1 and 1.2 on this same machine for the last two years (how
I lost everything is a sad and long story..but HDs have been freshly
repartitioned) with no problems.
Any help appreciated.
Sorry for being so long..
TIA