Re: mc problem - solved.

redwards@together.net (Randy Edwards) writes:

> On 6 Jul 1997, Paul Seelig wrote:
>
> > Note that there is an *unofficial* Debian mc-4.0 binary provided by me
> > available on the regular Midnight Commander FTP sites, which can be
> > installed within the regular Debian package management.
>
>    Paul, for someone who is ignorant of the regular MC ftp sites (do you
> mean sunsite or tsx-11?), could you elaborate on where this new *.deb of MC
> could be located?  Thanks in advance.

I suppose you could definitely find all necessary information in
"/usr/doc/mc/README" ;-).  Anyway, just check out the official MC
homepage "http://mc.blackdown.org/mc/"; for further information.  The
primary FTP site for MC is "ftp://ftp.nuclecu.unam.mx//linux/local/";
which contains a subdirectory with binaries for quite some platforms.
A debianized source package can be found at our institute's FTP site
in "ftp://ietpd1.sowi.uni-mainz.de/pub/debian/unofficial/sources/";.

According to the official Debian package maintainer Fernando Alegre a
debianized source package can be expected at least for unstable in a
week or so. But i suppose it'll arrive into incoming first.

                                   Cheers, P. *8^)
--
   Paul Seelig                         pseelig@goofy.zdv.uni-mainz.de
   My Homepage in the WWW at the URL http://www.uni-mainz.de/~pseelig