Re: Installing debian

> I accidently removed my linux partition *GAAAAAAAH* ...
> anyway (after an couple of days depression ;)) I´d like to install debian
> again ... heres the problem...
> I "destroyed" my floppy =(....is there ANYWAY(!) to install debian without
> floppy??

Of course :).  Download the following files from debian/stable/disks-i386:
root.bin
drv1440.bin
rsc1440.bin
base1_3.tgz
linux

you also need loadlin boot loader from debian/tools directory

Put them all in the same directory on your dos partition, and type in DOS
prompt:
loadlin linux root=/dev/ram initrd=root.bin

and there you have it, a floppyless installation :).  Whenever the
installation program asks you for base disks/modules/kernel floppies, point it
to the dos partition where you have put the files you downloaded.

--
Proudly running Debian Linux! Linux vs. Windows is a no-Win situation....
Igor Grobman           igor@debian.org                 igor@digicron.com