Re: Motif v lesstif - was Re: Netscape Communicator 4.01b6 ...

David B. Teague wrote:

> > > I have seen several posts which claimed this couldn't be done.  What
> > > steps would one need to take to get this working?
> >
> > What do you mean? Making Lesstif and Motif binary compatible?
> > You must have OSF source for that :)
> >
> > Alex Y.
>
> If one has the library call interface and specifications, it seems to me
> that it should be possible to write a library that is functionally
> identical to Motif. If this is not true, I'd like for someone to explain
> to me why.
>
> --David

Well I tried a little experiement and made a link from lestiff to
libXm.so.1.2 and two things happend:

1.  The libnullplugin now loads (although I don't really know if it's
operational or not)
2.  netscape-dynmotif crashed and burned.

I'm not even sure what the libnullplugin does exactly.  From what I can
tell it has something to do with plugin updates and such?