Re: ncurses3.4

Peter Mutsaers wrote:
>I see a lot of packages appearing in unstable that depend on
>ncurses3.4. But no packages providing it is available (only
>ncurses3.0).
>
>Can anyone tell me where I can get ncurses3.4?
>
>--
> /\_/\
>( o.o ) Peter Mutsaers  |  Abcoude (Utrecht), |  Trust is a good quality
> ) ^ (  plm@xs4all.nl   |  the Netherlands    |  for other people to have
>

>--

You can get it from ftp.i-connect.com, in Incoming, and info, et al
will run again.

On a similar note, the package libreadlineg2 is wanted by both
bc and dc, and maybe others.  I have installed the package (from
i-connect) but the programs still seg-fault.

Also, installing this packages causes dselect to get really excited
about dependencies, since everything wants the old libreadline, and
the new one doesn't want to coexist.  What is the solution to this
sort of thing?  For now, I have left the new one installed,
deselected it, and stopped upgrading for a bit, but "bc" doesn't
run yet.  (so I use python to do arithmetic.)

--kmb203@psu.edu----------------Debian/GNU--1.3---Linux--2.0.30---
I see the eigenvalue in thine eye,
I hear the tender tensor in thy sigh.
Bernoulli would have been content to die
Had he but known such _
a-squared cos 2(phi)!
                -- Stanislaw Lem, "Cyberiad"