Re: 3COM 3C905-TX PCI NIC

> >Well, I just bought one after my transceiver died on an old 3c509, and
to my disapointment, it didn't work under 2.0.30 (device or resource busy
it said).
> >I went to the hardware howto, and found a link to Donald Becker's
homepage.
> >There's an upgraded version of 3c59x.c which works ok with my 3c905.
> >It's a drop-in replacement.
>
> Yes they do work under 2.0.30 and have several kernels back. The only
trick,
> is you have to turn the auto speed detect off and lock it to 10 or 100
with
> the DOS config utility. Maybe the new driver you got fixes this.

I'm running 2.0.30.  I didn't follow and of the "tricks" you mentioned.  I
pulled the card out of the box/static bag, plugged it in, and went from
there.  No DOS config was required....

Later,

Kevin Traas
Systems Analyst