Re: octave

CHUCK@URIACC.URI.EDU writes:

> Thanks to the many who helped yesterday. Octave complained that it needed
> libg++, even though it wasn't listed dependent on it. I tried to install
> libg++27_2.7.2.1-6.deb.
> When I did, dpkg found several packages in available that had the
> version field empty. I looked at the file and each of those packages had
> versions x:yz . I changed them to x.yz and that seemed to allow dpkg to
> proceed.

[snip]

Presumably you still have mostly Debian 1.1.  You should read the
parts of the upgrade notes for 1.3 about upgrading dpkg before doing
anything else to your system, although I'm not sure what state your
system will be in now that you fudged the version fields like that.

--
                Carey Evans  <*>  c.evans@clear.net.nz

       "Our mail program accidentally deleted our remove list."
						 - Real quote from UCE