Re: Please but more bugs in Debian Linux ;-)

Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Thats way to easy. Could I please have some nasty installation
> problems and bugs and such back? I want to pay $100 for a software and
> have bugs, and now I pay nothing and have no bucks. What do I get? ;-)

Hey, no problem! I can send you some older Debian CDROMs that feature
some neat broken install disks - getting the shot base system up and
running can be quite a challenge :-)

> If I remember trying to get Windows 95 to the same point...

That´s actually not so bad once you´ve figured out that you shouldn´t
let the system auto-probe during install.

> headaches... But unfortunately they do install Win95/Novell for the
> new computer pool for the students of education. I tried to persuade
> them to use Linux, but failed.

Linux isn´t the system for everybody (yet). But we shouldn´t be
discussing this on the list.

> A question I have anyway: The 386 or 486 has a Microsoft Serial Port
> Compatible mouse. I couldnt try a working driver module for that one.
> Microsoft Bus mouse did not work, PS/2 mouse did not work... I tried
> every mouse driver that has been in the list... any ideas?

Ah, ein Stadtmensch! :-) All you need is the standard serial driver,
and gpm set to use type "bare". Used to work fine for me when I had
a MS-Mouse hooked up to my computer at work. It´s been replaced by
a real (i.e 3button Pilot) in the meantime...

Ciao,
--
Thomas Baetzler, thb@regioservice.de, thb@spectre.ka.sub.org
   <A HREF="http://home.pages.de/~thb/";>thb's Homepage</A>