Re: Anyone using Real Audio

On Thu, 3 Jul 1997, Shaya Potter wrote:

> Has anyone got Real Audio working, when ever I have tried to use it, it
> buffered the data, and then just quit, with the stderr going to netscape
> saying "Signall 11".  Is this a case, where Real Audio has to be
> LD_PRELOAD'd with something.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Shaya

I got it working on my father's home PC.  I don't remember anything
strange.  I just followed the instructions.  It was Real Audio v3.0 as I
recall, and that machine is running 1.3.0.  It has a SB16 OEM card, and I
compiled a custom kernel with SB16 support of course.  The connection is
via a 28.8 modem, and it ends up a little choppy most of the time--the
program always chooses mono mode because of the bandwidth limitation.

If you need more details, I could get them sometime this weekend when I
have accesss to that machine.

Syrus.