Re: Window Managers

On Thu, 3 Jul 1997, David Kohel wrote:

> I just set up and configured xdm (thanks to those who responded
> with advice on shadow passwords, etc.), and by default, xdm
> sources the $HOME/.xsession files, not $HOME/.xinitrc files.

If you use xdm, .xsession is the individual user configuration. If you
just run X through startx or xinit, then .xinitrc is the file to use. Look
into /etc/X11/xdm for the global Xsession and in /etc/X11/xinit for the
global xinitrc. Modify the one you that is applicable and then save it as
the appropriate dot file. Cheers.

	  Colin R. Telmer, Institute of Intergovernmental Relations
		School of Policy Studies, Queen's University
		     Kingston, Ontario, Canada, K7L-3N6
	      (613)545-6000x4219   telmerco@qed.econ.queensu.ca
	   PGP Public Key at <URL:http://terrapin.econ.queensu.ca>

debian-user-request@lists.debian.org .