Re: Installing Debian Problem: can't see parallel port CD

On 2 Jul 1997, Christian Leutloff wrote:

> that wont help because *linux* don't support the parallel port scsi
> CD-ROM 8-(
>
> That's my problem too. It's possible to start linux form dos from the
> CD, but afterwards you can't access the CD-ROM. The SCSI-HOWWO
> mentioned that there will never be support for parallel port CD-ROMs.

I had a look at the SCSI-HOWTO and it seems to say that parallel port
CDs are not currently supported:

SCSI hosts that will not work :

  All parallel->SCSI adapters, Rancho SCSI boards, and Grass Roots SCSI
  boards.  BusLogic FlashPoint boards, such as the BT-930/932/950, are
  currently unsupported.

But it didn't put them in the category of "SCSI hosts that will NEVER
work".  Doesn't this suggest that they may one day work?

Where did you read that there will never be support for them?

Anyway, thanks for your reply and tip about reading the SCSI-HOWTO.