Re: Anyone available that I can call???

Phil is on the right track.  libc5... is a base package and gets
installed during the base system.  the other thing you could try is to
dpkg --help and take a look at the force and remove options.  try not to
install base packages as much as possible.

When installing debian you should look at the Packages file and "map" out
a strategy on how you are going install the various packages.  If you
have something wrong with libc5... this file is considered the most
important file on the system.  If it is not working properly, you have
serious problems.  Good luck!  I hope you still will you the debian
distribution.  It is one if not the most user-friendly distributons on
the earth.
Paul