Re: rxvt ignores x resource settings?

Joey Hess wrote:

> Peter S Galbraith:
> > You could always try the latest version of rxvt.  It has better colour
> > support, and allows the programming of menubars!
> > It also comes with a nicer xclock, called rclock.
>
> Gee, sounds exactly like the debian version, which mentions just these
> features in its changelog.

rxvt latest is v2.21

> I'd prefer to stick with as debian package, thanks. If the package is
> broken, I'll report a bug - has ANYONE gotten this to work?

I `heard' that v2.20.x was broken.  I don't know why XFree-3.3 ships
with it.  My rule of bug fixing is to not bother fixing old versions,
and to start with the latest version.  If you find and fix a bug, where
does it go?  Debian only?  XFree?  Or at the real source where it belongs?

Peter