Idea for deity. (dselect) Security hole alert system.

How about this....

Future dselect has a feature that will query a database on the net (you
set the server) and come back and mark all packages that are listed as
security concerns.

This would be done by linking right into the security/bug reporting
systems. It would also be nice to be able to run it at intervals (like
weekly with cron) and send the admistrator an alert if he has a security
concern installed.

Good idea, huh?!?!?!

No I'm not willing to work on it, and no I have not thought out the fine
details, but I think it would be very useful and give Debian another
sticking point as the 'De Facto Linux ISP Distribution'. Chew on it and
see how it tastes....