Re: "Too many open files": ulimits

On 29 Jun 1997, Karl M. Hegbloom wrote:

>  Your `ulimit's are too low.  Here's what I do, in "/etc/profile" for
> now.

This exactly the problem I'm having. The ulimit is set to 24. But I cann't
find where to set this... (I know "ulimit -n 256") What I don't get is why
on another debian machine the ulimit is set to 256. I haven't changed
anything related to this. My only guess is that some package is changing
this limit but I cann't find which one. (I have login installed). Any
ideas?

Thanks

			Marcelo Magallon

PS: BTW, I cann't change this limit as a normal user anyway. I can change
it as root but for root only.