Re: determining serial link speed?

On  2 Jul, Lawrence wrote:
> Martin Steigerwald wrote:
>>
>> Hi!
>>
>> Is there any easy way to find out, what speed my modem connected to
>> the ISP? (using ppp & chat on Debian Linux m68k Amiga).
>>
>> I want to be sure that it connected at 28800 baud and not at 14400.
>>

> pppstat -n 1 will display the throughout (in/out) in byte per second.

I left my modem's speaker on (my cheapo modem sometimes falls back to
14.4 (other side: ascend 5200) or just hangs during negotiation (other
side: ascend 4000); seems like I have to check my config after exams).

So I *hear* if the modem falls back to 14.400. There is a change in the
"negotiation sound".

BTW: whats pppstat ? I don't have this prog.

Ciao,
	Martin