Re: Why is pine so slow?

>I use Debian 1.2/Linux 2.0.29 and the Pine 3.96 package.
>But, when I send mail with it, it is very slow (it takes about 1 ou 2
>minutes to send a message).

        Could it be that the connection with the mail server is slow?  If
you are on a dial-up and you are using POP3, depending on the speed of your
connection, the mail server will take it's sweet time.

        Leandro+
___
Leandro Asnaghi-Nicastro? (LA672)
Assistant to the Editor and Localization, GAMESMANIA
Internet Frontier
Email: leandro@ifront.com
Tel: (416) 656-2659
Fax: (416) 656-0863

Cynic, n.:
        A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as
they ought to be.  Hence the custom among the Scythians of plucking out a
cynic's eyes to improve his vision.

ZimID  46B98555 1993/12/15  0D 6E 96 68 D6 B3 9A 96  20 ED 1F AF 11 46 13 79