Re: 1.2 to 1.3 short cut?

On Wed, 25 Jun 1997, Bob Billson wrote:

> Another question related to installing Debian on my brother's machine
> tomorrow.  Can we partially install 1.2 and upgrade to 1.3 over the net?
>
> By partially install, I mean install all the required and important
> packages from the 1.2 CD-ROM.  Then get networking going.  From there
> do a complete upgrade from 1.2 to 1.3.  Anyone foresee any problems with
> doing this?
>
> Or should we do a complete installation of 1.2 before we upgrade?

Install the 1.2 base and only the packages you need for networking. You
will have fewer questions to answer when installing the packages from 1.3
if they are fresh installs. If you look at the version numbers on that CD
and those in 1.3 you will see that not most packages from 1.2 that you
install will be replaced by newer versions.

+ Paul Wade                         Greenbush Technologies Corporation +
+ mailto:paulwade@greenbush.com              http://www.greenbush.com/ +