Re: Best Strategy to install Debian 1.3 - partitioning matters

>The md-layout-mini-howto (or something with a similar name) has some fine
>background reading.
>After reading it, I decided to put /usr/lib and /usr/local/lib on the
>same partition, but different from the /usr partition.
I am surprised to see that with Debian installation you require /usr/local direc
tory. I am new to Debian (not to LInux), have a 1.3 installed and my /usr/local
is completly empty. I believe that dpkg installs everything in /usr/lib. Is ther
e a way, using dpkg, to install certain packages in /usr/local ?

Thanks,

== Eddie Katz
== E.Katz@frcl.bull.fr