Re: problems with dosemu, fvwm95, xbase

>>Ulf Jaenicke-Roessler wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm running Debian 1.3 with some packages from unstable (aka hamm),
>eg. libc6, xfree 3.3 and several packages depending on it. I noticed
>the following (minor) problems:
>
>1) DOSEmu
>I installed DOSEmu 0.66.6

[ snip ]

>DOSEmu complains about missing "hdimage.first". After
>copying hdimage to hdimage.first it works. Well, fdos seems to have problems
>with lredir. I only get garbage on drive d: (which should actually be the
>whole linux fs).

Yup. Create an MS-DOS hdimage file and lredir will be fine. There is a
nice script /usr/lib/dosemu/setup-hdimage that does it -- all you need is
a dos partition/floppy.

About hdimage.first -- this is a bug. Report it. Also,
/etc/dosemu/conf tells dosemu what to use as boot drive (among the other
things.) Edit it to point at your newly created hdimage. And there's
also /etc/dosemu/users.

All this is documented BTW.

-- Dimitri