Re: XEMACS Install problem !!!!!!

On Wed, 25 Jun 1997, Eddie Katz wrote:

> Got everything required for XEMACS installation, except that I am not finding an
> ywhere the libpng1 package, and am getting dependency failure because of that. T
> he only libpng that is up there is libpng0-96 something.
>

> Any ideas ?????

When working with a Debian distribution, it is always valuable to collect
the Contents file from the archive. This file lists every program and
library, man page and info file, config files...anything that is in one of
the packages in the distribution. Beside each entry is the name of the
package that contains that entry. Searching the Contents file for libpng1
indicates that the development package for this library is in the graphics
section, while the shared libs are found in libs/libpng1 (right where you
might expect). More precisely stable/binary-i386/libs/libpng1_0.89c-6.deb.

Luck,

Dwarf