Quick question on /etc/modules

Hi,

I accidentally  sent a job to the print queue while the lpd daemon was
running . I have no printer and no printer support in my kernel . Now I
get  a message from modprobe about the module char-major-6 not being
found. This fills up my log files. I probably have to stop kerneld and put
a line in /etc/modules ( I have seen that on the list sometime ).
Unfortunatyely I dont know the syntax ( something about alias module ) and
can't find the relevant docs.
Can anyone help ?? Thanks very much

                                         George

George Kapetanios