Re: innxmit for Debian Gnu/Linux?

Carl Fink <carlf@panix.com> wrote:
> Question:  in the Suck manpage, reference is made to using "innxmit"
> to pass transferred articles to innd.

> However, innxmit doesn't exist on my Debian 1.2 box, whereis reports
> only a man page, and a search on www.debian.org indicates that there's
> no innxmit package.

try /usr/lib/news/bin/innxmit.  That's where it is in my hamm box.

Suck works quite well with inn on my machine.

In general, when looking for files, try locate instead of whereis.  I
believe whereis only searches the path (could be wrong).

For files installed from a adebian packages check
/var/lib/dpkg/info/packagename.list for a list of everything installed
by packagename (and the full path)

Good Luck,
Erv

--