Re: RFC: Prospective Kernel-Compiling mini-HOWTO

Nathan E Norman <nnorman@cfni.com> writes:

> I believe debian *always* installs LILO in the boot record and uses the
> 'mbr' program to write a new mbr (?? This is from memory - I'm not
> looking at the script)
>
> I personally never put LILO in the MBR cos OS/2 and Win95 view the MBR
> as their territory ...

Many MSDOS viruses also do it.  I also *prefer* this direction. However, if we
do not have any linux partition as a primary partition in the first HD, lilo
must go to MBR.

--
Alair Pereira do Lago  <alair@ime.usp.br> <http://www.ime.usp.br/~alair>
Computer Science Department -- Universidade de S~ao Paulo -- Brazil