Re: RFC: Prospective Kernel-Compiling mini-HOWTO

Depends.  Are you installing the LILO boot block in the MBR or the boot
record of the partition?  If you're not going the MBR route, the hda3
line is correct.

I believe debian *always* installs LILO in the boot record and uses the
'mbr' program to write a new mbr (?? This is from memory - I'm not
looking at the script)

I personally never put LILO in the MBR cos OS/2 and Win95 view the MBR
as their territory ...

--
  Nathan Norman    :    Hostmaster CFNI    :    nnorman@cfni.com
    finger nnorman@cfni.com for PGP public key and other stuff