Re: fvwm2 and the focus

On Tue, 24 Jun 1997, Dale Scheetz wrote:

> >      I am using fvwm2 and I want to configure it in the following
> > maner :
> >
> >      If I click with the mouse on a window, this window becomes the
> > active one and raises on the top.
> >
> >      I didn't manage to write the corrects instructions in my .fvwm2rc
> > file in order to have the required behaviour.
> >
> >      Can anyone help me ?
> >

>From the fvwm2 man page:

		    ClickToFocus  instructs  fvwm  to give the focus to
		    the window when it  is  clicked  in.   The  default
		    MouseFocus  (or  its alias FocusFollowsMouse) tells
		    fvwm to give the window the focus as  soon  as  the
		    pointer  enters  the  window, and take it away when
		    the pointer leaves the window.  SloppyFocus is sim-
		    ilar,  but doesn't give up the focus if the pointer
		    leaves the window to pass over the root window or a
		    ClickToFocus  window  (unless you click on it, that
		    is), which makes it possible to move the mouse  out
		    of the way without losing focus.

	  GlobalOpts [options]
		    This is a TEMPORARY command used to set some global
		    options  which will later be handled as Style parms
		    (or options to Style parms).  It currently  handles
		    the  following:  SmartPlacementIsReallySmart/Smart-
		    PlacementIsNormal,          ClickToFocusDoesntPass-
		    Click/ClickToFocusPassesClick,    ClickToFocusDoes-
		    ntRaise/ClickToFocusRaises,    MouseFocusClickDoes-
		    ntRaise/MouseFocusClickRaises

...RickM...