Re: [Q] Best Strategy to install Debian 1.3 using a PCMCIA CDROM?

Rick Macdonald wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Jun 1997, Sudhakar Chandrasekharan wrote:
> > I am planning on installing Debian 1.3 on my laptop.  I have had prior
> > success installing 1.2 on this same laptop.  I prefer to clean up the
> > hard-disk and start from scratch.
> You do?
>
> I switched to Debian a year and a half ago in the hopes I would never have
> to do that again! I'm probably safe saying that hundreds of other Debian
> users would say the same thing.
>
> I'm very curious as to why you would not just upgrade in place; one of
> Debian's claims to fame?

True that Debian has this wonderful upgrade mechanism.  The problem is I
did unmentionably stupid things installing additional s/w on it and the
machine is all messed up.  I now find local packages installed in all
kinds of places.  And I would like to start with a clean slate. ;-)

Of course, if I absolutely cannot do what I am trying to do, I would
slowly start cleaning up the machine and take the upgrade path.

Sudhakar
PS: Does my digital signature attachment bother folks reading this list.

--
"I'm all for progress. It is change that I object to." -- Mark Twain
Sudhakar Chandrasekharan                            (415) 937-2354 (O)