Re: [Q] Best Strategy to install Debian 1.3 using a PCMCIA CDROM?

On Mon, 23 Jun 1997, Sudhakar Chandrasekharan wrote:

> I am planning on installing Debian 1.3 on my laptop.  I have had prior
> success installing 1.2 on this same laptop.  I prefer to clean up the
> hard-disk and start from scratch.

You do?

I switched to Debian a year and a half ago in the hopes I would never have
to do that again! I'm probably safe saying that hundreds of other Debian
users would say the same thing.

I'm very curious as to why you would not just upgrade in place; one of
Debian's claims to fame?

...RickM...