Re: netatalk error: atalkd socket: Invalid argument

    Scott> Hi, After upgrading the Linux server in our Macintosh network
    Scott> to Debian 1.3, the atalkd daemon in netatalk won't load, but
    Scott> returns the error:

    Scott> socket: Invalid argument

    Scott> AppleTalk worked fine before. Anyone else seen/fixed this?

Hi Scott -

(I'm a bit behind on debian-user, so you've probably fixed this, but...)

If your kernel Appletalk support is compiled as a module, you'll get
that error message when /etc/conf.modules file has the line:

	alias net-pf-5 off

instead of:

	alias net-pf-5 appletalk

I think my current conf.modules is the 1.3 default, and it has the 'off'
alias, disabling appletalk.

HTH,

--
Ed Donovan					ed@capecod.net