Re: fiddled with gcc/libc, now can't find stddef.h

Emilio Lopes <Emilio.Lopes@Physik.TU-Muenchen.DE> writes:

> This is a *known* bug in the gcc package (it should have the right
> dependencies), but the gcc maintainer does not seem to think it's
> important enough to do a fix in stable. Look at the bug list for gcc
> at http://www.debian.org.

Actually Galen fixed this in -5.

 gcc (2.7.2.2-5) unstable; urgency=low
 .
   * More updated m68k patches
   * Now conflicts with libc5-dev (#10006, #10112)
   * More strict Depends: cpp, prevents version mismatch (#9954)

> I think he should at least watch this list.

I think it's unfair for you to demand (by implication) that every
developer read debian.user, it's not low-volume and people only have a
limited amount of time.

> If this stable is going to be there for 2 or 3 months, this bug
> should be fixed.

As I understand it, this is a problem which occurs when upgrading to
unstable/, if one is tracking stable/ it won't matter (no new versions
of gcc/cpp -> no chance for them to get out of sync).  And since the
fix is now (or will be) in unstable, I think your point is moot.

--
James