CDROM with DOSish hidden files?

Hi out there,

sure, not very Debian specific, but this is the list I expect
the fastest answer from ....

I'd like to copy (for private use, of course) a CDROM.  This CDROM
is usable under DOS/Windows and contains files with the DOSish
hidden/system attribute.  Mounting this CDROM on Linux works, but
these hidden files are really unvisible, this uncopyable with
find | cpio.  (By the way, this makes the CDROM unusable under WABI,
since WABI relies on the mounted ISO(?)-filesystem).

Is there any other filesystem (mounting the CD as msdos failes -- ``no
valid MSDOS file system found'') I could try?

Sound very bad if ``dd if=/dev/cdrom bs=2048 of=/tmp/cdimage'' is
the only way.  Since this would probably solve the copy problem,
but not the mount/WABI problem.

Thanks,

    Heiko
--
email : heiko@lotte.sax.de heiko@debian.org heiko@sax.de
pgp   : A1 7D F6 7B 69 73 48 35  E1 DE 21 A7 A8 9A 77 92