dselect problem

Hello all,

I am trying to install a Debian 1.3 system on my friend's computer.
However, I encountered a serious problem which I do not know how to solve.
There is no problem of installation. I setup ppp correctly and able to
dail in to ISP. But when I try to upgrade the system using ftp of dselect,
it gives me this error:

Net::FTP.Bad peer address at /usr/lib/perl5/Net/FTP.pm line 405

I just cannot understand this error. Can someone help me on this?

Thanks very much!!

Anthony