Big Bad Bug - adduser truncating files from /etc/skel.

I finally had the need to add some users to my brand new 1.3.0 server.

Using adduser everything copied from /etc/skel to /home/[user] gets
hacked down to one line.

I checked my other machine that was 1.2.6 based and the same thing happened.

.bash_profile:
--
# ~/.bash_profile: executed by bash(1) for login shells.

umask 022
--

becomes:
--
# ~/.bash_profile: executed by bash(1) for login shells.
--

(yes, not good)

.alias:
--