SOLVED: TeTex-Problems

I had big problems installing the TeTex-Package. Thats how I solved it
(thanx again for all the hints from this list...)

I manually purged all (!) TeTex-packages and "unset" my
XDVIFONTS-variable (I think that was the clue).

Then manually installed all 3 packages again (tetex-bin, -base and
-extra).

Someone just had the same problem as I had ("Unable to find
default-somewhat file"). Maybe this works for you too.

Peace, Gernot