Re: Installation 1.3 failed, returned to 1.1 and upgraded

> 3. Starting install from scratch, I used a single rescue diskette and
> ***my mirror of Debian 1.3*** on a second scsi hard disk.  This
> approach worked swiftly, thanks to the Debian community.  However,
> while /vmlinuz uncompressed well from the floppy, each attempted
> install hung after the same point,
> VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem) readonly.

I need a little clarification, please. The install worked, however the
boot floppy that was created by the installation menu item "Create a boot
floppy" hangs, or is it booting from hard disk that hangs?

It looks as if it is mounting the wrong root filesystem.

Would you please run "fdisk" and tell me what it says about the swap
partition that was not recognized?

	Thanks

	Bruce
--