Re: 100 Mbit Ethernet

Greetings,

It seems that SMC has changed the EtherPower 9332 a bit, and has caused us
a considerable amount of grief.  If you can get the older 9332DST rather
than the newer 9332BDT or 9332BVT, you are better off.  A couple days ago,
I was configuring my machine as a gateway and put another card in it.  I
have a 9332DST and tried to add a 9332BDT and couldn't get the card to
connect to the network.  I could ping the internal IP address, but getting
data from the cable inside the machine was something I couldn't do.  I
scrounged a DE435 from another machine and everything is now working fine.

I'm hoping that the newer versions of the tulip driver work with these new
types of SMC cards since we bought a 5 pack

Chip
Chip Atkinson          chip@xig.com (work)
Xi Graphics            chip@pupman.com (home)
Denver, CO             (303)298-7478 (work)