Re: BIG NetScape Bug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 (fwd)

On Fri, 20 Jun 1997, John Foster wrote:

> > Well, I assumed this was common sense, but people shouldnt really be
> > using netscape as root (at least not to surf the web).  Just off the
> > top of my head, I cant think of any reason one would *need* to.  Maybe
> > I overlooked some use?
>
> I use a browser as root to check whats happening with my router, using
> mrtg (which isn't a debian package). But I'm **very** careful!

I agree that this is extremely impoartant use (along with other
administration uses where you are talking to admin cgi's, manpages,
dwww? or others).  In these cases, you are (theoretically) completely
safe as long as you trust the program you are talking to with
netscape.  Just dont take a break from work and check a couple of your
favorite web pages :)

Erv

--
	  PGP Public Key: finger walter@fozzie.chem.wisc.edu
  PGP Fingerprint: A5 AB 25 7D 7A FD 4D FE  BE 21 47 60 0C DC 67 9E