Re: Mail with dynamic IP

"Carl Flippin" <krow0612@uia.net> writes:

> I finally got all my tcp/ip software up and running but can't figure
> out what to do with mail. What software do I need for mail over POP3
> and a normal e-mail account from an ISP? Is there any kind of
> documentation for this?

Some of it's covered in the ISP-Hookup HOWTO, although I think
Debian's packages are probably slightly different.  It refers you to
some other documents.

For POP3, use fetchmail.  There's a Debian package.

For outgoing mail, use smail with a smarthost and runq to send it, or
similar methods with sendmail, exim, or qmail and serialmail.

--
                Carey Evans  <*>  c.evans@clear.net.nz

       "Our mail program accidentally deleted our remove list."
						 - Real quote from UCE