Re: How are base disks created?

Thanks for your help!  That explained why I was unable to access them as a
zipped anything.  For archival purposes here's what I did:

dd if=/dev/fd0 bs=1 skip=512 of=base.p1
#swap floppy here
dd if=/dev/fd0 bs=1 skip=512 of=base.p2
#swap floppy here
dd if=/dev/fd0 bs=1 skip=512 of=base.p3
#swap floppy here
dd if=/dev/fd0 bs=1 skip=512 of=base.p4
cat base.p1 base.p2 base.p3 base.p4 > base.tgz

tar -tvzf base.tgz

voila!

Thanks again.

Linux an unsupported OS?  Ha!

Chip

Chip Atkinson          chip@xig.com (work)
Xi Graphics            chip@pupman.com (home)
Denver, CO             (303)298-7478 (work)