Re: Are spammers subscibing to the lists?

> On Jun 18, joost witteveen wrote
> >
> > Seriously, though: Is there a way (with procmail or other) that
> > I can automatically forward all email with non-existant
> > amount of spam I get.
>
> Huh? You meant 'invalid', not 'non-existant', right?

Well, whatever you call an adress "dontreply@get.rich.quick". I'd
say that adress doesn't exist, but it's invalid too, I guess.

> Most email doesn't
> have an Reply-To... no need if the From address is correct. Assuming you
> were talking about 'invalid' addresses, you'd probably need a small C/perl
> program to check the addresses (you have to do a DNS lookup for MXes, etc.)

OK, yes, I got that far. But _where_ do I put that C/perl wrapper?
It doesn't seem like I can put it in ~/.procmailrc, while that
is actually where I'd like to put it (I don't mind mails from
mailinglists having invalid return adresses, there are many people
with adresses like joostje@debian.org.nospam on mailinglists, and
I'd like to be able to get email from them via the mailinglists).

Does anybody know the correct syntax for procmail/other mailfilter?
This actually doesn't work, and I couldn't find anything in
procmailrc(5).

:0
exec /usr/local/bin/check_sender
/dev/null

(where /usr/local/bin/check_sender would be started with the current
email as stdin, and if check_sender returns "true" (0), mail would
be saved in /dev/null (or another file -- probably /dev/null doesn't
work as procmail cannot really lock that file, I guess).)

--
joost witteveen, joostje@debian.org
#!/usr/bin/perl -sp0777i<X+d*lMLa^*lN%0]dsXx++lMlN/dsM0<j]dsj