Re: Are spammers subscibing to the lists?

On Thu, 19 Jun 1997, John Foster wrote:

> > That gets complicated because many people are at the mercy of a
> > technically challenged ISP. It would be great if everyone could get a
> > static IP with DNS.
>
> OK, so I'm "technically challenged"! How do I put 1200 clients in 2 C
> class networks with static IPs?

That doesn't make you dumb, but it is a handicap because the national
providers don't want to give the numbers to the local ISP. I have
configured Linux boxes with multiport cards to assign the IP when the user
is logged in. The ISP that I did it for still had a problem with his
original lines (Cisco router and NT Tacacs authentication). Goes to show
that Linux systems are better than those ready-made boxes.

+ Paul Wade                         Greenbush Technologies Corporation +
+ mailto:paulwade@greenbush.com              http://www.greenbush.com/ +