Re: Upgrade path to 1.3 - "Chicken & Egg problem"

At 17:13 17/6/97 +0200, you wrote:

>On Tue, 17 Jun 1997, Edouard Katz wrote:

>> How do you do that ?????

Joost,

Well I think I'd better explain my situation:

Have decide recently to move to Debian (fully support its policy) so I went
on the net and found the necessary stuff to install the base1_3 system.
Installed very well without a problem on my old 486/33 no CD. The only way
to install from a CD is to mount the CD on a server in our site and export
it for NFS mounting.

The problem is that I have installed the base1_3 system and just got my CD
that is Debian 1.2 Release !!!! What do I do ?? I HATE the downloads over
the net even if here at work I can do it freely !! Do I go backward to 1.2
?? Or - do I have a list of 1.3 files that are really required for
operation, development environment that I will have to dld and the remaining
stuff can be used from the 1.2 CD.

I need to have a clean  devlp. environment, need that the libs be uptodate,
I believe that I can live with the X environment of the 1.2 distrib.

That's the situation, a specific list of 1.3  files essential from /net
/libs /dev

Thanks,
== Eddie Katz
== Tel: (1) 30 80 37 46                           FAX: (1) 30 80 33 36      ==
== E.Katz@frcl.bull.fr                           Marketing & Sales Manager==