Re: Partitioning strategy

On Tue, 17 Jun 1997, David Wright wrote:

> I've got a new computer with a 2GB SCSI disk which I want to partition for
> linux. I've stuck a second-hand IDE drive in for DOS, so I was going to
> use just primary partitions on the 2GB disk.
>
> Following other people's experience on this list, I was going to try
>
> Swap    64MB (there's 32M memory)
> /       32MB
> /usr    500MB
> /foo    the rest

<snip>

> Is that all there is to it, or have I forgotten something?

Hi David,

If you can take it away from dos, you might want to consider putting some
swap space on the ide disk as well.

Partitioning issues and optimization tricks are discussed quite
extensively in the Multiple-Disks-Layout mini-HOWTO. You might want to
read it before you partition your new disk.

Cheers,

Joost